Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Broken souls can't be reassigned

I have a lot of rants lately. And I could post here two or three times a day. But this is bothering me. And I try to be more middle of the road and less of a fanatical nut, but.... (there's always a big butt in the way).

I believe in God. And I believe in the God of the bible. I don't hold to some of the stuff my parents believe that they see in the bible, but here is what I can't swallow right now. The whole Bruce Jenner thing. First of all, let me tell you this: I love my children. Dearly. My love for my children makes me want to grow up and be a better person. My 10 year old recently told me that she feels like I judge her and it broke my heart. I want them to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I love them all the time, no matter their choices, or how much they are different from me. One of my children recently told me that she thinks she might be transgender. I cried. I came undone. I stewed and searched my soul... and it most likely didn't look like support.
So.... here goes. I am looking at this from my own spiritual outlook, from the point of a parent, and from the point of an addict with a God-sized hole in my soul. That is what I think is driving some (probably not all) of the changes in our society. I have gone from hard-core right wing agenda to a softer, more moderate view. I have come a long way in my realization that I love a lot of people NO MATTER WHAT. I have learned a lot in regard to backing down the judgment. But this one, this one I am still battling. The truth is, I don't know if Bruce Jenner is brave to do what he did. But I think its trendy right now and I also think there is not a lot of research on the other side of the surgery. If you are like me, and you have a giant blackhole in your soul that sucks the life out of you and you fixate on every way you are lacking, then you might find out that after all the soul searching and changing that you still have a hole in your soul that therapy, hormones and surgery couldn't fill. Today I say.... "what if" to people who think that gender reassignment will cure their pain. What if you go through all the hell of hormone treatment and therapy and surgery to find out that you are still broken? What if you can't live with the pain of the rejection of others, with your own doubts about the differences in yourself, with the teasing and hate? What if? What if the pain is deep inside and these things won't fix it?

As a Mom who doesn't agree or know how to be supportive right now, I have so much more I think about and I could continue to rant on and on and on. But this is the bottom line for me and where I am at.... What if you are trying to fill an unfillable hole?

No comments:

Post a Comment