Sunday, June 11, 2017

Beyond Grateful

So there's this crazy-magical-terrifying-mystical journey we are on called life. And I have spent my fair share (or more) complaining about the things that don't quite live up to what I expect. But I've been taught that I need to not expect. If I do this, I won't complain as much. This is not to be confused with lowering my standards. At some point, my standards were as low as they could possibly go. But eliminating my expectations means that I am not overwhelmed with guilt when I shoot for the moon and only make it to the stars. I'm free to dream and to reach. Because the fear of failure can be truly paralyzing. And there's no one harder on me than I am. There's also that little thing about putting expectations on those "things" that I have no control over, like other people. When I put people into a certain category and dredge up certain expectations, well, I am certain to be disappointed-- crushed. Because I have no control on someone else's thoughts, dreams, actions. The more I can grasp this, the more gratitude I have. Today I am beyond grateful for the life I live. I am so truly blessed and loved. My life is full of good people, great kids, wonderful kin and a teaching career that is satisfying and fulfilling. My life is full. grateful. sometimes it is too-small of a word. I am overwhelmed with all there is to be grateful for. beyond what I can measure.....

No comments:

Post a Comment