Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Winter Solstice

 Today is the shortest day of the year. Thank God. Today came in with all sorts of frosty wonder. I couldn't help but smile and say, "Thank you God for reminding me that every season is a season of beauty and wonder." As a child, I remember the Christians whispering... "they are trying to take God out of our schools and changing the celebrations to winter solstice instead of Christmas!" "Winter solstice is a heathen holiday. A pagan celebration." the words were cold. Icy. Void of any Christmas cheer, void of wonder. And so it pasted itself into my soul. A cold and sterile view of Winter Solstice. Coldly evil and void of any pleasure or celebration. But when I fast forward to today.... I don't want this old view, this perception given to me by small-minds filled with fear. Today winter solstice is a turning point. The last day that daylight eludes us earlier and earlier. The pivot-point. Tomorrow will be a longer day. Every day. Until Summer Solstice. The next pivot. Today l long to take the definition of refresh, renew, and rest. The short days are so a body can rest. So my soul can rest. rest. Refresh. rejuvenate. I'm grateful to have this viewpoint. Namaste.





No comments:

Post a Comment