Sunday, March 27, 2016

Coffee is a spiritual experience

I love coffee. I love all the "poems" about coffee. Because without coffee I am not a nice person. I am cranky and tired and put out. Not to mention the headaches. So this morning as I sat here sans coffee, my brain would not engage, no topic was forthcoming, no rants or passions or must-share-right-now thoughts bubbled up. Because before coffee.... nothing much matters. I mean, if my child were in distress, I would still take her to the ER. But I might not notice stop signs and other cars. It might be a wild ride.

This image sums up all the good in life. Sunshine and light.... a new day dawning... and coffee. The sweet elixir of life.

This is (of course) my favorite image. It is mine. My coffee this morning. In my favorite mug at the table in my very own home. I could write an entire blog post to my mug. It is not too big, too small, too clunky, too thin. It is just right. It is large enough to actually use, but holds the heat enough that I enjoy drinking from it. My favorite mug was a tattered and torn disaster until my lifelong best friend found 4 of them on ebay and got them for me. So this Easter Sunday morning while my family contemplates the resurrection of Christ, I sit and sip and contemplate the meaning of life and the love of good friends. Stopping to smell the coffee can be so much more than just coffee. It is my meditation. My time. My refreshing. And in spite of a my fear that I might sound irreverent, I must say, a spiritual moment. My time with my coffee is sacred. Blessed. Beloved. And it is no small thing. I know why I love coffee and images it stirs up. It is peace and calm and energy. All rolled into one. Good morning world. You are so much more appealing after I have had coffee.

https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/2016/03/27/day-27-of-the-march-solsc-sol16-2/
This is the slice of my life today.

2 comments:

  1. Coffee first. Yes. Appropriately, I sipped a cup while reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to college in Seattle. I was not a coffee-drinker when I arrived, but I soon was! I love starting the day with a warm mug in my hands or beside me as I wake up.

    ReplyDelete