Saturday, March 5, 2016

Slicing through Life

I love Slice of Life time. Because sometimes I neglect writing. And I don't know why I get a crazy knot in my stomach. But then I realize "when in doubt, write it out." Ahhhh. Then I can breathe again. And I have all these opinions and hardcore ideas that I want to share with the world, but sometimes I'm overly opinionated and ruffle feathers. So here I am, writing on my recovery blog, the one I most often neglect, so that I can spout off the opinions of my soul, whether they are politically correct or not. And whether or not my district administration might approve or not approve.

So.... slicing. Today's inspiration is..... inspiration! Yay. I need positivity in my life (and... now I learn that positivity is not a word, well, I am using it anyway). In the classroom, in my own life, for my children, at home. There is no immediate end to my need.

Today I know that whatever I focus on, increases. So if I focus on what is wrong in my life, that is what increases. When I look at what is going right, that is what increases. I have a choice. I can't tell you if it is that the world really changes for me or if I just don't notice what I don't focus on. But when I focus on what is right, that is what increases. And I feel better. Happier. More free.

So here's to freedom today.

4 comments:

  1. The focus of your message is extremely powerful. It is so full of truth it's hard to believe we wouldn't operate from this stance all of the time. Thank you for sharing your thoughts here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wisdom in your words "when I focus on what is right, that is what increases." Thank you for sharing them today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for spreading your joy. It's catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for spreading your joy. It's catching!

    ReplyDelete