Thursday, March 3, 2022

Starting the day...

 Today's slice of life is brought to you in a free form poem. So much goodness in the morning... 


To visit Slice of Life, Day 3 stories, click on the icon, the link *should* take you there! Happy Thursday. 


Sensing the Day
coffee brewing,
smells of heaven
guineas squawking,
sounds of life
Sunshine on my face
wind across my body
earthy smells
dirt and grass and fresh springtime
Princess is howling
reminding me that she needs me 
and loves me
a cat chases a fly 
sailing through the air
running off tail up high
Daytime sights
sounds
smells.
Today will be a good day.
Today.
is a good day.

~Carrie Suderman/Carrie Horn

(Of course, so much to critique. Do I like the title? not sure. I am also transitioning my thinking about my name and what name I wish to use when I write... my maiden name, or my ex-husband's last name.... )

No comments:

Post a Comment