Monday, October 10, 2022

A moment of Truth: I'm never NOT asking for money....

 Life and times of me and the Punk. They've been rocky to say the least. Punkin-seed said the post about abandoning her when she needed me most was unfinished, it just abruptly ended. Which is true. I believe that my readership (much like a mother ship... har har) deserves the raw, real me. But that one was difficult to write. And while I applaud myself for choosing transparency, it can and does kick my ass sometimes. Every day I have so many thoughts I want to write about, they pile up and bury me. One of the things on my mind though is the money situation. I was sharing a prayer request yesterday and I qualified it with, "I am only sharing this as a prayer request, I'm not asking for money...." because heaven forbid that anyone views me as someone looking for a handout. Is that not hilarious? Why do I think it's hilarious? Because let's face it. There is never a time when I'm not asking for money. Just sayin'.... 

Here's the request. A person in Burrton has a GMC Jimmy 4wd they would sell me for $2000. Well, that is the exact vehicle I've been praying for. So I am praying for some sort financial miracle to come along and make this happen. So yes, I was not directly asking the pastor for money to purchase said vehicle, but I would not turn it down either. 

In light of recent car problems, to the car I don't own, I might add, there is a certain urgency to the need for a vehicle. Well, there is and there isn't. It's an exhausting amount of work to find rides and whatever, but in our current state of relying on powers that are greater than our own self-sufficiency, it is a great opportunity to let God be God and to let miracles happen. So there's this whole giant guilt thing with the car we've been using. My friend's car, that allowed us not to be stranded in the country without a working vehicle. First the AC stopped working, which led to the ceiling trim stuff, headliner (?), to come loose, because of the 2/70 AC. Then there is the slob factor. I treated that car like it was my own. Shame on me. There is also a tire factor. The passenger front tire has a leak. We have to air it up frequently. It was on the proverbial list. Get tire patched. So now would probably be a good time to come clean to my friend about all of this. The guilt of driving another person's car was big enough already, or so I thought. But there is a more than fair chance that this latest problem is big. Like blown head gasket big. I feel like a terrible friend. Like a loser friend. Because I begged to use my friend's car and now I've run it into the ground. What kind of friend does that?! Apparently this kind of friend. *sigh*

I am getting excited about the work we are doing around the farm. Today's agenda includes fun cosmetics. Yay. I splurged at Walmart the other day because we got an unexpected cash gift. I bought about $20 worth of bulbs to plant. One thing Punky and I have talked about it that we need to do what we can to clean up the farm, yard, house and make it appear functional and pleasing to the eye. When you have 0 income, a $20 splurge is a big one. But I also know myself and if I don't put some of these little controlled splurges in my life, I'll go off the deep end one of these days and just dive in all the way and have a big, uncontrollable splurge for all the pennies in our possession. So today's to do list includes planting bulbs. I can't wait. This will be fun. 

As always, if you want to contribute, there are always ways to help. What we've learned about straight talk is that you don't want to give them your debit information directly. So if you'd like to help with a phone bill, buy the refill card at Walmart. We use the $35 plan. It's enough. If you purchase the refill card, message me and we'll get those details taken care of. Or if you'd rather be anonymous, put the card in a card and mail it to: 4411 S Woodberry Rd., Burrton, KS 67020. 

Remember, Punky is a bit directionless right now. It is the time of her life to question and want, and rant and scream anyway, but we're up against some big circumstances here. She would do well to start a youtube channel and video blog. She's super excited about making some of those videos where they are all sped up and you can watch her make something (like chicken pens) is a short period of time. But she needs the stuff to do it now, like the camera and tripod and such. That stuff is on an amazon wish list. You can access that HERE. So you can help a young adult grow into her adulthood by contributing. And that is the kind of shameless begging I am not able to stop doing. We need help. Your help. and we know it and we humbled by the awesomeness of others. Thanks for being part of our world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment