Friday, October 28, 2022

Dog Fighting and Amazon and Bills.... oh my!

 This post has been sitting here for a little while already. Type a couple sentences, hit the wall, wait for writer's block to subside, come back to it, erase said sentences. Start over. Repeat until today. Today is the day. I will get the thoughts to translate to characters and letters on this machine and get them out of my head. 

First things first. I am on hold with DCF. I am number 74 in the que. I will opt for a call back. We'll see if it works today. I tried this earlier in the week and about mid afternoon I forgot that I was waiting urgently for their callback and walked away from the phone for a brief couple of minutes. Not long, maybe 5 minutes tops. But yes, that is when they called back. *sigh*

Next, taking care of business. The business of being broke. Ugh. Who likes this part? Can I tell you a secret? (You know I'm going to no matter your response to my question). I secretly like/love the part where I feel loved and cared for by anonymous souls of the universe and knowing that God is such a big entity that he can take care of me on a daily basis and a month-to-month basis. So I hate the begging. But I feel the love in the receiving. 

This month's needs. Are still big. But not giant. You know, when you're at the point that things like insurance (home-owners, auto insurance) are luxuries, your needs start getting smaller. Pay evergy. Pay phone bills. Keep animals and people in enough food to be healthy. Be able to buy toilet paper. 

So here we go..... 

Evergy says.... the magic number is $308.19. See inserted slide for account details.

Phones. I was bragging not too long ago about paying them. That was a smallish lie. I paid mine. But the Punky's, hers was paid by donation last month, and let's face it, she is currently without service. bummer. Our phones are on Straight talk and if you want to be anonymous, you should send us a straighttalk refill card (the $35 one is all we need) in the mail to 4411 S. Woodberry Rd., Burrton, KS 67020. If you don't care about anonymity, you can just message the scratch off number to me on facebook. Then I go online and put the numbers into the right slot in our account and violà we have phone service. 

The weather is wreaking havoc on my knees. Both of them, but for sure the newest Robo-knee. Aches and pains and pangs of arthritis. Oh my! 

Dogs. I don't know how to tackle this dog fiasco, and it's what has triggered the stagnation in blogging. Last week on Thursday night we let dogs out to do what dogs do. And for our dogs that doesn't just mean pottying, but also barking. Barking at the darkness and the mystery predators awaiting just beyond the line of sight. So they were barking when the sound changed, so aggression and crying. I ran out there. The new knee does move fairly quickly. Yelling at the big OAF to leave my dogs alone, and seeing that the blondie, my Maddie, was just fine and dandy. But then out of the shadows limps a little black mess, our terrier, and fearsome leader, Alice. We don't know for sure, but experience would say that Alice started something she was not able to finish. Because that is what Alice does. Rules with an iron fist and scares and growls and snaps and attacks the other dogs. But she's a small terrier and the Oaf, our Princess, is not anything small. She is rumored to be Catahoula, Husky, and pitbull. She has a very Pitty face. It's also a very pretty face. But best guess I would say she is probably an 80 pound dog. Alice is a 15 pound dog. Alice was seriously injured. Some deep and gaping puncture wounds requiring stitches, as well as multiple more punctures that didn't require stitched but were wounds nonetheless. And deep bruising. The vet mentioned the reason she was favoring one leg was that the bruising was pretty deep and severe. Yeehaw. 

The general census is that we need to re-home the Princess. But we don't know if we can. Let me tell you, I love that big lug. I rescued her. I mean, technically we just acquired her, adopted her, whatever. But she was in dire need of being rescued and she is safe and healthy and happy here. I love her and she loves me. And today was supposed the magic day we take her to the Humane Society. Well, after the ridiculous amount of tears last night, the new conclusion is that we can't. So I don't know how exactly we will handle this, but we'll handle it. I think she is going to be called on to step up her head of ranch security and lean into the title and do her job. And that will lead to less indoor time. Less interaction with the small and fierce Alice, who walked around all night last night just pissed off at the world and growling at all the dogs and cats and anything/anyone else that got too close.

We'd rehome Alice, but no one would want her. Isn't that sad? Yes, yes it is. And there are moments and even days when I love Alice and tell myself that she's a good dog. But she's not really. She's cantankerous. And bitchy. All. the. time. But Alice needs to be loved too and she is Jadyn's dog. Jadyn is super mad at her right now for putting us in the uncomfortable position of having to work through this having to decide about re-homing, retraining, how to finance $400 of vet bills. I borrowed $200 to take her to the vet. But I still owe Southview $193. Damn dog. I think I speak for both of us when I say, we just want to shake her and secretly I harbor a desire to kick her. But I don't and I won't. But yeah, I have pent up frustration here. 

We were the anonymous recipients of a pillow of shame for her to keep her from licking. Thank you Jesus and thank you to whoever sent us this. I mean, amazon. I thanked them, but they just provided the goods, that financed the goods. 

I feel like this is probably a boring read and full of "matter of fact." But I guess that is just where it is at today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment