Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Isolation = Restoration

Today I am enjoying joint isolation with a friend. I know, that's not quite the deal, right? I'm aware. I pray neither of us gets sick. But I was floundering. And the Punkin was going stir crazy and we sure were not stirring up the best in each other.  And said friend had already ventured out in these uncertain times to encounter less than isolated circumstances to help lay my dad to rest. Because that is what friends do. They do the next right thing, within reason, whenever it is needed. And she offered her home for a refuge. So refuge I will.

Today I am basking in the sunshine on the cozy space of the back deck at chateau de Mark&Elaine's. And I indulged in too many tacos from a small town taco shop and even splurged and had a fountain soda. And I sit here, listening to the sounds of Spring and enjoying the feel of the sun on my bare feet, and I pound away at these keys. Because we all know writing is cathartic. And sometimes it feels pressured. Damn you writer's block! But mostly writing is simply a gift.

When I write (type) I feel connected. With you my dear reader. And of course with myself. The self I am right now. The self of my scarred youth. The self that I don't know yet. My soul. It's a connection with my inner being. So in a way, it is my hour of prayer. When I connect with my own soul, I connect with God and engage in a spiritual interaction. Cuz I was told that prayer is just a conversation. And my soul communicates with God when I write. But once again, I digress....

And my wise friend asked what I needed from her. Not much. I mean, much. But not much. She's opened her home and taken care of my needs. She has offered to entertain me but I am feeling the need to just be. Just be sad. Just be depressed. Just be low-key. Just be doing my part to fight a pandemic and stay in. So she is doing her thing out here on the deck and I am doing mine. And it's quiet, and unencumbered, and peaceful.

Today I rejoice that we can isolate and rejuvenate. It restores my soul.

        
                                                                                                                                                         
                                                                                                     



    

No comments:

Post a Comment