Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Murderer

My dad is being killed from the inside. There's a nasty monster growing inside his brain. It's not cancer. That is supposed to be good. Right? But we had to do an invasive surgery to even find out what was the culprit and what possible options might be. Brain surgery is a bitch. It just is. Dad had a brain bleed which essentially took him from us. He deteriorated quickly. But this sneaky, dastardly, underhanded beast kept on growing, taking, stealing more and more of my Dad on top of the damage from the brain bleed. The name of the beast is: Nocardia cyriacigeorgica. A slow-growing bacteria and a slow-responding bacteria. We didn't even have the correct name of the beast until last week. So the abscesses on my Dad's brain continued to feed on him and grow while his brain bleed was not healing. And we are left in utter devastation. To say we feel helpless is such an understatement it's not even funny. We just have to stand by while he cries out for help and no help is available. Hurt and helpless and not able to meet his needs. I am shaking my fist at this unseen evil. This murderer.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Carrie. This must be extremely difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry. Praying the God’s love and peace will envelop all of you.

    ReplyDelete