Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Possibilities vs. Obstacles

I feel the inkling of hope in my bones. I am coming around to where I was at some earlier point in this FMLA/loss-of-my-daddy/funeral/Coronavirus/no-more-teaching kind of life. Because what if...

What if....
  • Today I started exploring all the artsy things that make up my happy place?
  • Today I took advantage of this time at home to develop boundaries?
  • During this unprecedented time with no commitment to a job I just healed myself?
  • I took time to garden?
  • I did the self-care of developing and sticking to a home routine. 
  • The Punkin and I started sharing responsibilities and taking up our cross without malice? 
  • I just allowed myself to tiedye? 
  • I started to cook and bake again? 
  • I painted and drew and colored and restored those broken places?
  • I trusted in my higher power to lead me 
  • I would seek out God and whatever gifts that might bring me
The what if's are never-ending. And I can come up with a long column of "what if's" that are scary and negative and down-trodden if I want to. But what if I just focus on the possibilities today?

No comments:

Post a Comment