Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Whacked out Wednesday

Today is Wednesday. Today does not feel like the first day of the rest of my life. Although the optimism that usually wakes in me in the mornings would say that. But morning is almost over and I'm ready to declare an extended Spring Break and a day of "rest." I think that is called "letting the depression win." Ugh.

So why is today so whacked? Well, let's start with how I had a cough last night. And it hasn't shone its ugly face since I got up, but it shook me up as well as it made my chest hurt. I'd like to say I'm not living in fear, but...

Today we ventured out. We bought some baby chicks. I wonder if it was the dumbest thing I have ever done. But surely not. I have wanted chickens for a long time now. So today we are committed to raising chickens. Because it is bad form to just bring the sweet little chickies home and ditch them in a week or two, or a month. So now we're farmers. Or are we ranchers? I dunno. But we have plenty of livestock. lol. Dogs, and guinea pigs and chickens. So here's the brood.

All 4 of them.
Goldie, Stripes (aka Duck), and Fluffer Nutter.
                             
  
This little layer is Goldie Hawn.
      
This chickie is That's So Raven






This is Stripes (also currently known as Duck)
    So today I put a frame on my facebook profile picture that says, "Staying home saves lives."And I feel bad about posting it. Because I still go to the store. And I go to places. I venture out to get things. Like chicks. So am I really staying home then? And I am so, so grateful for essential workers. I am super grateful for people who run the grocery store, run the curbside pick up, the pharmacy, the drive-thru at the fast food places. Thank you. Thank you for keeping me somewhat sane. Retail, grocery, Medical. Thanks for keeping me alive. You rock. So my profile frame, it's for idiots like me who go out in this pandemic and who expose themselves to you, the essential workers. So I know it is important to stay home, and I know that not everyone has the option. But for people who could stay home, please just stay home. If those of us who can stay home, do stay home, fewer of our essential workers get hit with this. And so that we don't pass it to anyone else. Or everyone else. We can be transmittable for 7-10 days before we show symptoms. The fewer times we venture out, the better. Essential or non-essential.


No comments:

Post a Comment