Monday, March 7, 2022

Five finger Gratitude....

 Today I am grateful. So very grateful.

1. I am grateful that the fires are 70% contained and that my home was not in the path of the devastation. Hallelujah.

2. I am grateful for the child in the other room, battling a migraine, hiding in the darkness. I love her. I am blessed because she was born. I don't show it enough.

3. I am grateful today for my kitten, Dommy. Domino. He's sleeping beside me, like a dog. He is a pain when he's tearing through the house across countertops and leaping onto the guinea pig cage and terrorizing the dogs. But he loves me and he comes to me and we have long conversations. I love him. I'm grateful he would not be a willing participant in the quest to rehome him as a young kitten. 

4. Sunshine. Today i'm a little bit snowblind. The sun is radiating off of the sleet-snow we had yesterday. It's bright for sure. But I'm grateful because it keeps the depression at bay. I start to come alive just like the natural world around me in springtime. I am grateful for the sun.

5. I am so grateful for the farm. I have named her the Hippie Chick Farm. And the house is so much of a mess. But a mess that came on 1.6 acres for a ridiculously low price. It's my mess. And I love the sound of the roosters crowing, the hush of the world out there, as it stays away from my little slice of paradise. I love the space, the sunsets, the porch sitting, the chickens and ducks and geese.... oh my. 

There is always something to be grateful for. And I have so much. I am rich. Penniless. But rich.


Hop on over to two writing sisters and read about everyone's slice of life today. The link in attached to the pic so just click on the slice. 


4 comments:

  1. You make it seem so easy to find gratitude. I know it is not easy but all it takes is to look around a little and things are there. Things that drive you crazy, make you cry, cause you extra work are all wonderful things and necessary to help you realize that YOU matter. Thank you for sharing that lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am learning that gratitude is a practice, it's not something you just stumble onto. Even days I'm overwhelmed with life, or grief, or loss, or "just" depression, there is still something to be grateful for, it's my quest to find it.

      Delete
  2. I appreciate the simple format of this slice - a list of things you are grateful for. You've inspired my next post!

    ReplyDelete