Thursday, March 31, 2022

Last Day of the Challenge.... first day of? Not sure yet.

 It is so so good for me to write everyday. But I also feel like I did a lot of "just get it done" writing. So is it really best to write every day because I "have" to? I didn't have to, I wanted to see if I could see this through, especially since I am not working outside the home right now.... and I did it. Today will be day 29/31 that I have written. I am proud of myself, that is for sure. I missed day one, and then I missed a day somewhere in the middle. Anyway.... I committed and I followed through. I want a cookie. Ha. There is an intrinsic reward, that is true. But I like tangible, touchable, and most importantly consumable rewards. 

Some options I am considering... building a calendar of daily like I did for students when I taught. I would include two or three options each day to choose from, from daily calendars, from lists of prompts on the internet, from my own curiosities about my students. I could just print one of those "365 days of writing" list of prompts and go through and pick the ones that interest me. I could commit to some sort of poetry writing. Oh my my. The possibilities are endless. wide open.

I thought today I'd wrap up with a letter. A favorite format of mine.

Dear Spring,

Please get back on your meds and start to manage your bipolar. The 80 degree, windy, fire hazard day on Sunday to snow on the ground, cold and brisk today, well, it's not fun and it's disheartening.  Also, the stupid turn-it-around-in-the-middle-of-the-day kind of weather, that is just ridiculous. Where it starts out springlike and ends in the middle of a cold, winter freeze, that is getting to be more than a little over the top. 

I know you have your fans. But currently, I am not one of them. So I'm begging you, get this bipolar under control and give us a small dose of consistently Spring-like weather for say.... maybe a couple weeks in a row. Is that really too much to ask?

I'm begging you....

a midwest girl just wanting to enjoy some outside time



3 comments:

  1. "Anyway.... I committed and I followed through. I want a cookie. Ha." (Hahaha!) Kudos! I hope Spring writes back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true...yesterday snow squalls and today it's 60+...I like the idea that spring, this yera, is bipolar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all deserve a cookie, and some warm hot chocolate! Congrats on writing for 29 days!

    ReplyDelete