Sunday, March 27, 2022

Five Things about Me...

 As near as I can tell, this idea has three hops to attribute ownership to. I was reading at https://aggiekesler.wordpress.com/ and her blog about Five Things About Me, which she attributed credit to the blogger that she got her inspiration from at The Dirigible Plum, who, in turn shared about reading about this from A Place for Me blog, who read about this in a book called Dear Student. I think that is the end of the chain of giving credit, where credit is due. 

This concept is so intriguing to me. If I were in a classroom this year I would certainly use this! But what about with
colleagues and friends and acquaintances? Oh my! This is a really cool, simple, way to get to know a little bit about someone. A little glance into their life.

  • Something About Yourself
    • I am always distracted. Not my favorite thing to admit, but it runs a large portion of my life, trying to recover from not being fully in the moment, whether in a conversation ("Mom? Mom! Were you even listening?!"), in learning (Wait, what? First you put the bolt into the frame and then what? huh!?), in working (I have to get this kitchen clean, so what was I doing again?), in the mundane, the routine (I brushed my teeth, I got a drink, did I take meds? What was I doing...?).
  • Something about your Family Neighborhood 
    • My family, god love 'em, is bat-shit crazy. Probably how I ended up being so crazy. Should they read this, they will be hurt, but I have no other accurate description. That is my stock, what I come from. Oh, wait, we are fluent in sarcasm. That is my immediate family.... myself and my children, and should I ever decide to have a love interest. If you are not sure if we are joking or serious, we have achieved our goal in life. My ex husband is often very funny, but you have to be fluent in the language to "get it."
  • Something You Love to Do
    • I love to create. Artsy-fartsy all the way. My best, most productive art is Tiedye. I love to do it and I am pretty good at it. I take it to craft fairs and shows and flea markets and am not laughed out of the places I go, but it is admired and I am successful with it. To see for yourself visit Tie Dye For
      Just one quick example photo

  • Something You Hate to Do
    • Whelp, someone else said this one. Talk on the phone. Making phone calls is terrifying to me. Call the doctor? Do you have an email or text system? Call the creditors and work something out... do we really need electricity and running water?
    • I also hate to put away laundry. I don't mind the washing and drying. I don't even mind the folding. But the putting away.... ugh. 
      not my photo, but accurate

  • Something You Want to Learn
    • Carpentry. More specifically, to be a finish carpenter. To finish things and make them solid and sound and beautiful. I love playing with power tools. If there were anyone here to stop me, they might try, I can't say I'm the safest person with them. But I just am not that knowledgeable, so I am an amateur with a bunch of powerful tools that could lead to lots of trouble. 
I hope you enjoyed this slice. I know I enjoyed crafting it. I think this is a really neat format. You might want to check it out for yourself! 



6 comments:

  1. I did enjoy reading this slice. It's fun to get a glimpse into you! Iagree that your tie die is gorgeous. And I have to admit that I am easily distracted too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here, here! I too am distracted and hate talking on the phone! - TW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. It would be great in the classroom, but I would love to do it with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Thanks for the inspiration for tomorrow's slice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this format! I had to laugh at a batshit crazy family because mine is too. I hear ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so distracted too! I have to work so very hard for focus--but then when the hyperfocus kicks in, I can do anything! So glad you enjoyed this format!

    ReplyDelete