Friday, March 18, 2022

Preparing for chicks, day two....

 Remember that thing about prepping for baby chicks? Day two of the saga: Prepping for baby chicks. 

Do not, I mean it, do NOT let me loose in a farm supply store in springtime. There are too many things I "need." 

On the drive to town, Punky says, "we need to stop by TSC, I need to price some things." I said, "I'm probably coming home with some baby chicks then." Her reply talked about how we have discussed this and we are going to wait another 10 days or so until we have everything ready.

I paid for the chick starter/grower feed, she paid for the babies. We are both culprits here.

Four assorted bantam chicks came home with us today. Two picked out by the Punky and two picked out by yours truly.
This little guy is probably a cochin bantam. He has fluffy feet! 



This is an old English of some sort. Maybe even a silver wing like Duck was, but no matter what, I think we'll be besties.


Are these guys not just the cutest ever!? Pekin ducklings, we believe (and hope).





This is my Silver Wing Old English Game Hen bantam. 
The dogs tried to kill her and during her recovery she became the sweetest pet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment