Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Walk in the Park Day

 Today is Walk in the Park Day. I know this because I looked it up here. I used to post daily "holidays" for journal prompts for student when I taught 5th grade. I was reminded of this when I saw Rita DiCarne's post about National Pencil Day.  

Wouldn't Walk in the Park Day be a great day to celebrate? For so many reasons. As a teacher, I would love to have kids journal about this day in advance. I would want students to write about what they would do to celebrate. Next, we could plan some of those ideas and spend a day of learning in the park. Lower grades learn things on these days that include "learning to share," "being a kind (inclusive) friend," "team work," and so much more. Most of these things actually apply to older students as well. And adults and kids can benefit from a leisurely stroll in a park, taking in all the new life that Spring has to offer. Unless you walk for your health and fitness, and then walking in the park might be brisk and quick along paths and walkways, still reaping the benefits of fresh air, and the wonder of Spring. Or possibly I could bring my pups and they could enjoy the benefits of a walk in a park. Just thinking about this "holiday" makes me smile. Oh the possibilities.



No comments:

Post a Comment