Saturday, March 12, 2022

Running around like crazy.... and a haiku.

Today I opted for a quick haiku. Today is my mom's birthday. My life is a rush today. Last night, as the habit seems to be developing, much to my chagrin, I stayed up wayyyyyy too late. And therefore, today started late. So I woke up feeling behind and rushed. Too much to do and too little time, a disaster of my own making. But I also have these commitments I've made for the month of March., both slicing and drawing for my SDD group. So today's slice of life includes an image in my head of the rabbit in Alice in Wonderland, quipping "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!" and that is the gist of my world at the moment. I still have to resolve an internal conflict of what to make for a birthday dessert for tonight, get said dessert made, wrap a gift, complete another gift, make a card.... which leads me to today's SDD prompt.... beautiful rose. I am throwing around the idea of creating said rose on the front of a card and BOOM! two birds, one stone. And we are meeting at a place of my choosing, at a time of my choosing, but it is super early for us. We don't ever eat dinner at such a time. In fact, the first meal of the day usually happens sometime around mid-afternoon, and I think I'll skip that today. But I was fortunate enough to take place in a fundraiser for the wildfire victims where I bought some super expensive cinnamon rolls. I'm getting ready to indulge. and then maybe if the ibuprofen starts working, I can get busy....  

 A mother's love

Happy Birthday Mom.

I am grateful for your love,

selflessly given.

-Carrie

Mom tried on the tiedye shirt I gave her for Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment