Friday, March 22, 2024

Hello There.... a new format

 I came across this in my reading last night. A new poem format to use as an introductory post. I thought it looked like fun. I copied down the beginning words for each line and am ready to give it a try! I did not remember to get the name of the person who posted it to give credit. 

Hello There...

I am a middle aged mom who used to teach Kinder and First grades. 

I keep thinking I'll go back to teaching soon, but am starting to realize that it may not be in my fate.

I wish I had more money! (Don't we all?) I would have fewer worries, a nicer house, a truck (essential to farm living), and as many critters as I could manage!

I love baby animals of all kinds. Springtime brings baby chicks, ducklings and this year even goslings to our brood. 

I dance very seldom but it's a favorite. I have come to realize that it's not a competition. In fact, virtually NO ONE at the dance hall is watching me. It just feels so good. 

I sing very well when I'm alone in the shower and no one else can hear me. Ha ha. I love to sing along with the radio! 

I think that thinking is so often overrated. But then again, most impulsive decisions really should have been thought through first. So I think I would benefit from slowing down and thinking things through more often.

I really hate poverty and the mindset this country has about poverty. Most people are working their tails off to do the best they can with what they have to work with and your judgement is not welcome or helpful.

I need a few things in life, like insurance, shelter, transportation, and a little love. 

I should remember to ask God for these things since I know He can provide.

I can choose to pray about life situations and let them go instead of worrying myself to death. Easier said than done though. 

I like a lot of things about my life today. 

I make a wicked tasty pan of enchiladas. Not "authentic" mexican, but even my grandson loves them and he's 1/2 hispanic. 

I always say I love you to my children. You never know when they need to hear it. I have a few "I always" statements. I always fuss and complain first before I remember gratitude, but eventually I always remember to be grateful. 

How about you? How would you fill this out? Take the first two words from each section and make a complete sentence. This was fun and easy and you might even know me better now. 



3 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you :) This succinct format packed a punch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your slice offers readers a lot of information to go on in getting to know you. It's a generous gift which I appreciate thanks to your candor and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a lot of information in this format. Thank you for sharing and letting us get to know you.

    ReplyDelete