Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Slicing my Life Away....

 Tonight I can't seem to find words to type out on the screen. I'm frustrated that I haven't been able to blog at an earlier time and get it posted. It's an ego thing really. I like looking to see how many people read what I wrote. But the last couple of days I've posted late and then when my post goes to spam as it has been doing, it doesn't get moved right away and I just get discouraged. 

What I love about "Slice of Life" month is that I have to write every day. At least half the time I can't figure out what to write about because there are so many options swirling around in our head. The other half the time I can't figure out what to write about because I get writer's block. I have a lot twirling around up there all the time. There's going to come a day when I tackle the depth of my crazy upbringing and the trauma I call childhood. But that is super scary. And really, really big. 

I also love how I contemplate writing all day long. I think "this might make for a great read...." and I tend to have blogs composed in my head about half the time. Do you do that? As you're driving down the road, you're composing a blog in your head about something you thought might make a good blog post today? I could compose posts about every single thing every day. Did you see those cows in that field? I wonder what they think about during the day.... I bet I could post about that! Oh my Gooosssshhhhhh! I love my ducks! Maybe I should write about them. And how Apollo is my girl and my oldest duck.... I could probably hold people's interest when I write about it. I love my little farm. I could write about that. I could portray how I feel about my farm. People would get it. I love that part. 

I like how contemplating what I'm going to write about shapes my day and makes me more conscious of the life I'm living in each moment. It makes my outlook on life better and it makes me look through a lens of gratitude. 

What I don't like so much about the month of March and daily Slicing is that there's a constant pressure. And more than half the time I don't know in the world I am going to write about. So there's that. But for the most part, the pros outweigh the cons. The truth is, I love Slice of Life month. I'll take those cons any day.

To read what everyone is "slicing" about, click on the orange slice. Scroll down to the comments and click on the link to read each person's post. 


  

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your honesty here. It might be helpful to keep a list of ideas so the struggle for a topic feels less overwhelming. I always also get ideas from other slicer's posts.

    ReplyDelete