Saturday, March 21, 2015

Spring has Sprung

Every day that I slice I start with a blank space, a void, a blank. Every day I think..... I don't know what to write about. I've learned to just start. Just put it down. A theme will emerge and evolve and my soul will be free when I finish. I often lament that my writing so often has a dark theme, wishing I would once write about sunshine and light. But most of the time my writing is a reflection, often ending in an epiphany. It often ends with hope. That's enough right? Hope and enlightenment.

Today is no exception. I sit down and think.... today I'll write about Spring, about gratitude, about some great journey I've overcome and I sit down and there it is, the blank space. Here is my school of thought today....

  • Happy Spring break to me, I must have needed it, I didn't get up until 11. 
  • Where to begin.... the dirty laundry, filthy floors, clutter countertops?
  • I can't wait for our trip to visit family! 
  • I want to reflect on gratitude and the good in my life.
  • I am enveloped by the warmth and sunshine of Spring. It feels so good, calm, serene.

These thoughts overcome the shadows today. Lurking in the shadows are the worries, the sadness, the grief. Today I will focus on Spring and the hope that comes along with it, that just cannot be ignored. The sound of robins, the smell of fresh, green grass, the gentle wafting breeze. This renews my weary soul. I will focus on this today and let the darkness fade away. I will focus on renewal and hope today.

Today this is my slice of life.

3 comments:

  1. love this line...he sound of robins, the smell of fresh, green grass, the gentle wafting breeze....we need it...I love that you are focusing on renewal...xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it hard... that blank page? Happens to me too... Even my "Where do I begins" are the same! but we begin, and we do it! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy spring break to you! I know just what you mean about facing the blank page. Sometimes the pause between ideas is a rich place to be too.

    ReplyDelete